Get your business noticed
There are lots of ways for you to get your business noticed. To get you started you can get your businesses listed on our website for free. The website attracts around 160,000 unique visitors each year and is a great way to get your business noticed. To list your business on our website please email Alison with the following details
- Business name
- Business Description (max 60 words)
- Street address, town, postcode
- Mobile, landline, email, website
Cooperative marketing opportunities
- Explore the full list of cooperative opportunities with us here.
- There are more opportunities coming, which we will tell you about when the campaigns are being prepared.
Tourism social media platforms are a great way you and your visitors are able to share wonderful experiences from the East Coast. We look for images and captions that celebrate travel stories from all over the coast and showcase the beauty and variety of our region; you don’t have to be a professional photographer or content creator to share your stories and participate.
Facebook & Instagram
Tag @eastcoasttasmania and hashtag #eastcoasttasmania and #greateasterndrive for us to view your posts. It is also a great idea to actively participate in conversations on our posts. You should also tag @tasmania and @australia to help get your images noticed by Tourism Tasmania and Tourism Australia.
Also on Instagram include these hashtags #eastcoasttasmania, #greateasterndrive, #DiscoverTasmania, #TassieStyle, #australia on your posts for the opportunity to be featured on the @eastcoasttasmania @Tasmania and @Australia feeds. If your image is re-posted, feel free to join the conversation by replying to comments and or providing more information on your post.
It is important that you note the following relating to using tags in social media: By using #EastCoastTasmania #GreatEasternDrive or tagging @EastCoastTasmania when you upload a photo, video or article (‘Content’) to Instagram, or to the East Coast Facebook Page, you agree to allow East Coast Tourism to share your Content on our Instagram and Facebook accounts, and social media channels or feeds (‘In-Platform). We will always acknowledge you with your applicable social media handle.
Other places to list your business
Australian Tourism Data Warehouse (ATDW-Online)
ATDW-Online is a national tourism database used by travel distributors to source product information for their websites. It contains listings of tourism businesses from all over Australia including accommodation, attractions, events, tours and hire. Your business listing on ATDW-Online will be displayed on Tourism Tasmania’s official consumer website, Discover Tasmania and Tourism Australia’s Australia.com. Travel distributors across the country also selectively display listings that they feel will be of interest to their audience.
A business listing in ATDW-Online is free and there are no ongoing administration costs.
Having a listing in ATDW-Online means your business will be:
- Published on www.discovertasmania.com.au and Australia.com
- Available to over 50 travel websites
- Included in the bi-monthly Tasmanian Travelways print magazine
- Translated into Simplified and Traditional Chinese for additional distribution.
- You will have access to database statistics and will be able to see how many page views your listing receives.
Create and manage your listing
- You manage your listing in ATDW-Online and can make updates online whenever you choose.
- Tourism Tasmania can help you set up your listing and also double check it for you before it goes live to make sure it’s all correct.
- To register your business, or to view or update your listing visit www.atdw-online.com.au.
- For further information, including help with registering or updating your listing, contact Tourism Tasmania on 6165 5286 or email [email protected]
Bookeasy is an online booking service that is used by visitor information centres across the country to book products and services. Business listed on Bookeasy are bookable through the home page of the East Coast Tasmania website. Once you have created a listing and chosen the appropriate region, your property will be automatically listed on our website. You can also connect your channel management or tour booking system to Bookeasy. Please note that your Bookeasy listing will attract a commission on each transaction.
For more information visit the Bookeasy website or email Anastasia at the East Coast Visitor Information Network. If you are already a Bookeasy member and want to update your listing, please login here.
List your event on eastcoasttasmania.com
You can list your upcoming event on the East Coast Tasmania consumer website. There is no cost for a listing and the process is very straightforward. You can list your event here.