The 2019 Great Eastern Drivers
We are delighted Swansea/Bicheno Community Bank Bendigo Bank is again the naming rights sponsor and to announce that entries are open! You can Download the 2019 entry form here.
Each year East Coast Tourism holds the tourism awards program for the east coast. These awards encourage, support and celebrate excellence and professionalism in the visitor industry.
Freycinet Lodge is delighted to be our venue partner for 2019 for the Gala Awards Dinner and to celebrate they are offering some incredible industry rates which are available from Friday 14 to Monday 17 June. Get in early as these rooms will sell quickly! To book your accommodation click here or call 6256 7222.
- The 2019 Awards Gala dinner will take place on June 15, 2019 at Freycinet Lodge, Coles Bay
Key dates for 2019
- Friday April 5: Entries open
- Friday May 17: Entries close
- Monday May 27: Finalists announced
- Saturday June 15: Gala Awards Dinner
What winners receive
- Your business will be included in emails to our consumer and industry databases announcing winners.
- We will post your win on our social media channels (44,500 Instagram and 15,800 Facebook followers).
- A beautiful trophy for you to proudly display and a winner’s logo for your website, email etc.
- Your listing on our consumer website will include a winners logo and your listing will receive preferential placement (i.e. top of page).
- Your win will be recorded on our industry website with a link to your business.
- We will cover the entry fee for you to participate in the Tasmanian Tourism Awards in either 2019 or 2020
Entering the Great Eastern Driver Awards also provides an opportunity to:
- Raise the profile and reputation of your business;
- Review your business goals and record achievements;
- Receive recognition of excellence by your peers; and
- Build morale and team spirit among your staff.
How winners are chosen
- You can either self-nominate or be nominated by another individual, business, Destination Action Plan leadership group, chamber of commerce or other organisation that sees the great work you are doing.
- To nominate a business that is not yours submit the name of the business to Alison via email. We will then contact that business to advise they have been nominated and invite them to complete a submission.
- Mentoring will be available to entrants to assist with their submission. To take advantage of this contact Alison via email.
- Winners will be selected by a panel of judges nominated by the East Coast Regional Tourism Organisation.
Who is Eligible to Enter?
- The awards are open to all businesses that service visitors located in, or actively operating on the East Coast.
- You do not need to be a traditional tourism business, but your business must interact with visitors in some way.