2021 East Coast Tasmania Tourism Awards
The East Coast Tasmania Tourism awards encourage, support and celebrate excellence and professionalism in the Tourism and Hospitality industries.
Entering the East Coast Tasmania Tourism Awards also provides an opportunity to:
- Raise the profile and reputation of your business
- Review your business goals and record achievements
- Receive recognition of excellence by your peers
- Build morale and team spirit among your staff
What winners receive
- Your business will be included in emails to our consumer and industry databases announcing winners.
- We will post your win on our social media channels (60,500 Instagram and 22,500 Facebook followers).
- A beautiful trophy for you to proudly display and a winner’s logo for your website, email etc.
- Your listing on our consumer website will include a winners logo and your listing will receive preferential placement (i.e. top of page).
- Your win will be recorded on our industry website with a link to your business.
How East Coast Tasmania Tourism Awards are chosen
You can either self-nominate or be nominated by another individual, business, Destination Action Plan leadership group, chamber of commerce or other organisation that sees the great work you are doing. To nominate a business that is not yours submit the name of the business to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will then contact that business to advise they have been nominated and invite them to complete a submission.
Winners will be selected by a panel of judges nominated by East Coast Tasmania Tourism.
Who is Eligible to Enter?
The awards are open to all businesses that service visitors located in, or actively operating on the East Coast of Tasmania. You do not need to be a traditional tourism business, but your business must interact with visitors in some way.
Winners will be announced at the Awards Dinner, 30 October 2021 at Spring Bay Mill. Tickets will be available shortly.
Award submissions can only include activities undertaken between 1st May 2020 and 30th April 2021. We note that some operations may have had limited trading due to COVID-19, however this will be taken into consideration in the judging process.
- Thursday 25 March – Entries open
- Tuesday 31 August – Entries close
- Thursday 30 September – Finalist announced
- Saturday 30 October – Awards Dinner
SIGN UP TO OUR INDUSTRY NEWSLETTER…
Stay up to date with everything that is happening in our Industry including important updates, grants and funding advice, upcoming events, media mentions and more
Sign up to our Industry Newsletter
The Tasmanian tourism industry acknowledges the Tasmanian Aboriginal people and their enduring custodianship of lutruwita / Tasmania. We honour 40,000 years of uninterrupted care, protection and belonging to these islands, before the invasion and colonisation of European settlement. As a tourism industry that welcomes visitors to these lands, we acknowledge our responsibility to represent to our visitors Tasmania’s deep and complex history, fully, respectfully and truthfully. We acknowledge the Aboriginal people who continue to care for this country today. We pay our respects to their elders, past and present. We honour their stories, songs, art, and culture, and their aspirations for the future of their people and these lands. We respectfully ask that tourism be a part of that future.