The Great Eastern Drivers
Each year East Coast Tourism hosts the tourism awards program for the east coast called the Great Eastern Drivers. These awards encourage, support and celebrate excellence and professionalism in the visitor industry.
- Your business will be included in an email to our consumer database naming winners
- We will post your win on our social media channels (43k+ Instagram and 15k+ Facebook followers)
- A beautiful trophy for you to proudly display and a winner’s logo for your website, email etc.
- Your listing on our website will include a winner’s logo and your listing will receive preferential placement (i.e. top of page)
Entering the Great Eastern Driver Awards also provides an opportunity to:
- Raise the profile and reputation of your business;
- Review your business goals and record achievements;
- Receive recognition of excellence by your peers; and
- Build morale and team spirit among your staff.
How winners are chosen
- You can either self-nominate or be nominated by another individual, business, Destination Action Plan leadership group, chamber of commerce or other organisation that sees the great work you are doing.
- To nominate a business that is not yours submit the name of the business to Alison via email. We will then contact that business to advise they have been nominated and invite them to complete a submission.
- Mentoring will be available to entrants to assist with their submission. To take advantage of this contact Alison via email.
- Winners will be selected by a panel of judges nominated by the East Coast Regional Tourism Organisation.
Who is Eligible to Enter?
- The awards are open to all businesses that service visitors located in, or actively operating on the East Coast.
- You do not need to be a traditional tourism business, but your business must interact with visitors in some way.